How to Pick an Affordable Blender Under 200?
The blender is an indispensable assistant in kitchen affairs, allowing you to quickly mix soft and liquid foods. It is suitable for mashed potatoes, cocktails, baby food. Among the main functions of simple products include beating and mixing. Advanced immersion models can additionally grind even hard ingredients, including nuts, minced meat, dried fruits and herbs. If you do not know how to choose a blender under $200 for household needs, it is important to decide on the type of device, based on the characteristics, configuration and ease of use of a particular model. We will try to solve this issue by indicating the optimal parameters for the main applications of the invention.
At once it is necessary to tell that such inventions are not intended for cutting and shingling. For the tasks it is definitely better to buy a kitchen combine, even if the developers are full of advertising about the incredible potential and versatility of their product.
It is not an error to compare this invention with a mixer. The only difference is the greater number of blender functions and the availability of a container that prevents food from being sprayed around the kitchen. To mix food, the user needs to put the ingredients into the bowl, select the mode and start the product. The process consists of the following steps:
- Installation of the required nozzle;
- Stacking the ingredients in the bowl;
- Placement of the work surface in the bowl;
- Connecting the device to the network;
- Selecting the mode and turning it on.
Based on the principle of operation, it becomes clear that no special problems should arise in the operation of the device. However, when choosing a blender, consider the size of the power cord. To do this, first think about where the invention will stand.
Let’s start with the fact that there are so-called shredders on the market, which are sold as flasks. They have a special knife and a motor nozzle in their design. Such blenders are chosen for crushing ice, vegetables, fruits. They do not cope with other tasks in the best way.
For obvious reasons, we have singled out 3 blender types separately:
- Stationary – a category of household appliances that provide the preparation of cocktails, mousse, puree soup. Many people call such devices “shakers”. Such inventions consist of a bowl and a stand. At the bottom there is a special knife, consisting of four, crosswise parts. This design allows not only to knock down, but also to give the consistency the necessary shape. If you do not know which stationary blender to choose, please note that glass bowls are easier to wash than plastic ones, but they can be broken.
- Immersion is a more powerful product that allows for interaction with hot products. The immersion part of the models has a heat-resistant leg. Such inventions are faster and more compact, but they are not too easy to use, because they need to be held in the hand. On the other hand, such devices are ideal for preparing portions. The immersion blender is an optimal choice for a small family;
- Combination models – the embodiment of the advantages of shredders and immersion blenders. Typically have more nozzles, vacuum pump, which allows you to store more food inside.
Thus, a stationary blender is an excellent solution for cocktails, while a submersible blender for a small family. If there are children in the family, you can buy a shredder that easily grinds cooked fruits and vegetables. The combined analogue has the largest scope of application, but worse than the stationary analogue can cope with the necks.
Power and volume of the bowl
When choosing the power of the blender, consider the dependence of performance on the capacity of the bowl and the type of product. The volume of the jug can vary from 1 to 2 liters. Typically, the actual capacity of the jug is 200 grams less than the manufacturer’s specification. Optimal capacity of the stationary type assistant varies in a wide range. It is better to choose from 250 to 350 W. Immersion blenders have a power range of 130 to 1200 W. Optimal choice is 600 W.
The number of supported modes of operation depends on the performance: from 1 to 30. In this case everything depends solely on your interests and needs.
Packaging and types of nozzles
In most cases, the set includes nozzles for grinding, mixing, whipping. If you don’t know which blender to choose, consider the purpose and number of additional details:
- blender nozzle – for cocktails, smoothies, mashed potatoes;
- whisker – for mayonnaise, cream, sauces, kneading text;
- shredder bowl – for minced meat;
- grinder – for grinding garlic, sugar, peas, coffee beans.
Some models can be additionally equipped with separate nozzles for mashed potatoes.
It should be added that the combined products are additionally equipped with a pump for air pumping. This allows you to increase the shelf life of food inside the bowl. Very useful detail!
How much does a good blender cost?
To choose a good blender you need to consider the price/quality ratio. Due to the excess advertising, characteristics that do not correspond to reality and purchased feedback from manufacturers to understand how much a normal unit costs quite difficult. We will try to answer the question raised.
Please note that stationary blenders are more expensive than submersible counterparts, which, in turn, are inferior to combined solutions. On average, the difference in price of these types of goods is 10-15%. Accordingly, the combined unit costs another 10-15 dollars more. Thus, we have looked at the basic principles that should help you understand how blenders are chosen according to their types and user needs. Good luck, and good shopping!
The best manufacturers
Which company’s blender is best chosen for the home to be reliable and serve for many years? The consultant in the store will offer the most expensive model or product, for the sale of which will receive good bonuses.
Before you go for a purchase or start looking through the catalog of the online store, we will tell you about the features of blenders from leading manufacturers.
The reliability of the German brand has long ago become inviolable. High quality is still confirmed today – the company produces all household appliances at European factories.
- The main leg is made of stainless steel, as in professional models;
- the motor operates in three modes, marked by the letters S, L and M;
- minimum power of models – 750 W;
- handy control buttons.
The only disadvantage of BOSCH blenders is high price. With equal characteristics, they cost 1.5-2 times more expensive than the models of lesser known brands.
Another famous German manufacturer of small home appliances, delighting owners with practical blenders.
- The range includes devices of low, medium and high price segment, the difference – in design;
- inexpensive prefabricated immersion blenders with nozzles.
The company BRAUN regularly holds promotions 1+1, where when buying a kitchen combine blender is a gift.
The company KENWOOD many years ago became famous for the invention of the kitchen combine and is considered one of the best manufacturers of small appliances.
Advantages of models:
- comfortable operation;
- stylish design.
All the undoubted advantages of kitchen assistants KENWOOD covers their price. Some models of ordinary immersion blenders without attachments are 4 times more expensive than similar from a little-known manufacturer.
The trade mark has won worldwide popularity for the production of quality home appliances. Blenders are notable for their compactness and affordable price.
- stylish design;
- wide choice of all kinds of nozzles;
- low price.
The range is still small, if you need an inexpensive reliable blender from a well-known brand, pay attention to this brand.